Everyday I watch the news, I hear all this business about a U.S. recession, decline in the economy, home foreclosures, sky-rocketing gas prices, etc. This stuff is really scaring me! Americans have overcharged their credit cards with purchases ranging from louis vuittons to big screen t.v.'s and realizing that the home equity they thought they were living under no longer exists. I never really paid attention to this stuff because I figured we'd get out of this rut sooner or later until yesterday, when I discovered that mega mogul Star Bucks had to close down hundreds of stores to keep up with the 28% decline in sales this quarter because Americans now consider coffee a luxury! If starbucks has to shut down, then you know there is a big problem. Once gas prices hit $5 i'm going to turn in my corolla for a light rail pass.
despite the recession hoopla, I think we are still lucky to be Americans. There are so many opportunities and rights we have, that millions of people would kill for. I won't be here for the 4th, but I hope everyone has a wonderful Independence Day :)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment