I love when Martha, our housekeeper, comes over to clean! She just left, and the house looks spotless! You can smell the crisp, clean smelling air inside, instead of the usual lingering smells of the remnants of what I cooked the night before. When I moved to San Jose, D & I decided to hire Martha because we knew how bad I am at cleaning. I am pretty good at keeping the house neat and tidy, but when it comes to the cleanliness of the home I am embarrassed by the fact that I suck at it! If I clean, you would probably be walking on stray hair balls and watching roaches build communities in the cracks and crevasses. GROSS! No matter how much I try or how long I clean, I can never get it as clean as it should be. It sounds like a big excuse, yet it is sad but true. Now that the house is clean, I'm even more inspired to finish making my home feel like a home. Even after a year it still has a "just moved in" feel. Hopefully I will be able to put my Anthropologie discount to good use and begin to make this place comfy yet fabulous :) Speaking of Anthropologie, yesterday was my first day. I loved it! I'm so excited about working in such a relaxed environment where I can simultaneously get inspiration for my wardrobe and home. I would probably live at the store if I could, it has the cutest decor and it smells so good.
I'm going to visit this craft fair this weekend in the city so I can hopefully pick up some cute handmade stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment